Anastasia’s Blue Dress Appreciation Post
Was there some sort of special animation for this movie because it has never looked quite like other animation.
It was almost entirely rotoscoped, if that’s what you mean? That means it was drawn on top of live action film, which is how they got the realistic subtleties.
Whoa, that’s so cool. Wow.
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is rotoscoping done fantastically right.
Because all you really need to do is find some cheap animation produced by lesser-to-completely-unknown studios to see how horribly disturbing rotoscoping is when the artist cannot animate very well; if the frame rate is too slow? It looks jerky, choppy, and repulsively unnatural. It leaps right into the uncanny valley and sets up house there.
grantaire turning up late to a meeting one day, and when he does turn up he’s soaked and hiding something under his jacket, and everyone starts joking because what could grantaire have done now
and then he pulls out a little ball of black fur from his jacket and drops this tiny kitten in bossuet’s lap stating that “he’s called lucky, i reckon you’ll cancel each other out, yeah?”
Ibeyi, made up of Cuban-born, Paris-based twin sisters Naomi and Lisa-Kaindé Díaz, is an electronic doom soul duo who are forging a new spiritual sound with their debut EP Oya. The 19-year-old musicians are XL Recordings‘ newest signees, and their introductory singles “Oya” and “River” possess a hypnotic blend of hip-hop, electronica, and blues infused with Yoruba prayers and folk songs that will transport you to a higher realm upon first listen.
Singing in French, English, Spanish and Yoruba, Ibeyi count among their primary influences Nina Simone, Meshell Ndegeocello, James Blake and their late father, the celebrated Cuban jazz percussionist Miguel “Anga” Diaz. Ibeyi’s vocal range, which wavers from the raspy and wraith-like to the sonorous and divine, is ideal for their sonic palette which revels in the phantasmagorical groove of liturgical Yoruba songs. Besides singing in Yoruba–which was brought to Cuba by West African slaves–Ibeyi honor their father’s legacy and Afro-Cuban heritage through their percussive production and use of live instruments. Beatsmith Naomi plays both the cajón and the batá while Lisa-Kaindé remains more in tune with the musical mythos of Ibeyi’s sound by weaving Yoruba lore deeply into their lyrics. “River” is dedicated to the goddess Oshun (the mother of the Ibeyi, and their first single and EP are both named for Oya (the benevolent orisha who took the Ibeyi in after Oshun was accused of witchcraft for birthing twins and kicked them out).
The Young Witches and Wizards’ Preparatory Academy in Magic is not one but two single-sex schools hidden deep within the misty green swamps of Louisiana. The schools are widely known amongst the American wizarding community for it’s infamous reputation of being the rowdiest academy for young wizards and witches resulting from a fierce inter-school rivalry cultivated through centuries of competition and trickery-wars. Students are frequenters of the headmistress and headmaster’s offices for hexing unsuspecting muggle wanderers, and hosting inter-school midnight dueling matches in the marshes. Legend has it that there is a gargantuan alligator, the unfortunate victim of various experimental (and ultimately irreversible) engorgio charms, lurking in the general vicinity of the schools, although no one has laid eyes on the beast in centuries.
i’ve watched this production of midsummer twice already since i got the dvd yesterday this puck and oberon are so great and i love them the best
- i think remus would be very quirky teenager looking, with scarring as well as acne scarring, kinda awkward and knobby
- the kind of person that slouches when he stands because he wants to be smaller
- i think remus would be very clumsy and would have lots of dings and bruises from bumping into things as well as from transformations. because he’s not used to his body really and it’s weird in all the worst places
- also he’d have weirdly dispersed freckles, maybe one next to his mouth one on his nose a couple under his eye one above his brow. he’d have a few on his back, legs, shoulders, neck, chest
- i think his sweaters would all be moth eaten and tight in weird places and loose in equally as weird places, because they’d be handmedowns from his dad and his grandparents
- remus would keep a journal of prank ideas, story ideas, feelings, indignant rants about not having feelings that he clearly has, sketches, doodles, to-do lists, funny jokes, funny things he’s noticed, really awful poetry that he’s written, poetry that he likes that he hasn’t written, etc
- he would make TERRIBLE jokes, terrible ones, awful ones that make sirius piss himself
- he would like to read but he’d be the kind of person that will go from reading a book in 3 hours to reading the same book for a month there is no in between
- he would fall asleep in class A Lot
- if you phrase something dangerous and against the rules as “an adventure” he would definitely be up for it 100%
basically the figure from greek mythology that i think fits in best with each personality type! (find out yours here)
infp (healer) - cassandra
enfp (champion) - achilles
enfj (teacher) - chiron
infj (counselor) - patroclus
estj (supervisor) - hephastaeus
istj (inspector) - atalanta
esfj (providor) - zeus
isfj (protector) - hestia
estp (promoter) - atë
istp (crafter) - artemis
esfp (performer) - apollo
isfp (composer) - dionysus
entj (field marshal) - odysseus
intj (mastermind) - athena
entp (inventor) - hermes
intp (architect) - muses
IF YOU DO NOT REBLOG THIS A SKELETON WILL SNEAK INTO YOUR HOUSE AND MAKE AN ELABORATE SANDWICH AND USE THE SAME EXACT KNIFE FOR EVERY CONDIMENT WITHOUT CLEANING IT OFF
THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY EXISTENCE
an actual remix and not just the songs layered on each other??? FINALLY. i hate it when tumblr is like “oh man BEST REMIX EVER” and it sounds like shit because it’s literally just two songs on top of each other like ugh.
so since the russians washed back on shore and stuff their robot is still destroyed so they’ll need to raise a new one from scratch
yea you fuckin heard me